- 900g blackberries
- 900g golden granulated sugar
- knob of butter
- Put your fruit into a preserving pan or large saucepan and add 50ml of water and 1 tbsp of lemon juice. Bring the ingredients to the boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.The fruit should be now be soft, if not keep on heat until it is.
- Pour in the sugar, stir in over a very low heat until the sugar has completely dissolved. Turn the heat back up, bring to a rolling boil, then boil blackberries for 11-12 minutes, DO NOT STIR – until the setting point of 105C is reached.
- Remove from the heat, skim off any scum, then stir in a 150g of butter. Leave for about 20 mins so the fruit can settle. Pour into sterilized jars, label and seal.