It’s a great time of year for picking Damsons! They are perfect now, so if you have a damson tree in your garden go and grab some so we can make this fantastic jam. A real favorite in our house.
- 1 kg damsons
- 300ml water
- 1.3 kg jam sugar
- Wash the damsons and remove all the stalks. Place them in a large plan and simmer gently until soft, press them against the side of the pan to help the stones fall out. Use a slotted spoon to get the stones out of the water.
- Simmer until the mixture has reduced by about half.
- Stir in the sugar slowly until it is dissolved, then slowly bring to a boil and then boil rapidly for 12 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 10-12 minutes and then remove the scum. Pour into warmed sterilized jars.
- Done! How easy is that! and it tastes delicious.
Keep in a cool dark place for up to 1 year.