Hi all, as Xmas is coming up I thought I would treat you to a new recipe. A Christmas jam!
- 1 cinnamon stick (optional)
- A Few whole cloves
- 455g cooking apples
- Zest of 1 large orange
- 200ml orange juice
- 900g cranberries
- 900g granulated sugar
- Put in a large pan apples, orange zest, orange juice. Cinnamon is optional as well. Cook gently in the pan for 12 mins until the apples are quite soft to the touch.
- Add your cranberries and simmer for around 10 mins until they are soft. Not too soft though. Not mushy.
- Stir in the sugar and heat gently,keep stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Then boil quickly for about 12 minutes. Remove cinnamon if you used it.
- Remove the scum from the top and then pour into clean jars if it has set to the usual push on a saucer standard.